The Relais-construction line (1 844 374-4149) is a telephone information and referral channel managed by the CCQ and intended for workers and employers of the construction industry who are facing situations of misconduct, harassment and sexual harassment in the industry.
The CCQ has assembled a specialized multidisciplinary team in order to guide people towards the right support services within the CCQ, employer and union associations, or certain government organizations. Those who use this referral line may also need psychological support services: the CCQ has entered into agreements with several organizations offering these services.
Harassment cases that could be the subject of grievances are referred to union associations. For their part, contractors expressing a need for support in taking charge of problem situations can be referred to employer associations.
Voicemail, quick response
Callers can leave a voicemail message including their name, phone number and the time that suits them best, which the CCQ promises to respond to within one working day. Since this is not a hotline, calls will not be returned outside the CCQ’s opening hours. However, the line will be monitored on weekends and during holiday period in order to intercept the most urgent calls.
This service is temporary and will remain active depending on demand and developments in the situation.
The Relais-construction line is not an emergency response line; its goal is to inform and refer. In case of emergency, call 1 888 933-9007. This toll-free line, an initiative of the Government of Québec, is in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all across Quebec.
The Relais-construction line will direct callers to designated resource persons working in public services, associations and organizations relevant to their situation:
Construction industry associations
- Union associations:
- Conseil provincial du Québec des métiers de la construction – International (CPQMCI)
- Centrale des syndicats démocratiques – Construction (CSD-Construction)
- Confédération des syndicats nationaux – Construction (CSN-Construction)
- Fédération des travailleurs et travailleuses du Québec – Construction (FTQ-Construction)
- Syndicat québécois de la construction (SQC)
- Employer associations:
- Association de la construction du Québec (ACQ)
- Association des constructeurs de routes et grands travaux du Québec (ACRGTQ)
- Association des entreprises en construction du Québec (AECQ)
- Association des professionnels de la construction et de l’habitation du Québec (APCHQ)
- Corporation des maîtres électriciens du Québec (CMEQ)
- Corporation des maîtres mécaniciens en tuyauterie du Québec (CMMTQ)
- Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST)
- Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse (CDPDJ)
- Quebec’s Sexual Assault line
- Indemnisation des victimes d’actes criminels (IVAC)
- Tribunal administratif du travail (TAT)
- Government of Québec : http://www.agressionssexuelles.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.php