As directed by the public health authorities, the Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ) is adopting measures to avoid the spread of the virus and to protect the health of its employees and its clientele.
Situation on construction sites
Site visits are taking place as usual. The CCQ would like to remind you that no provision in Act R20 gives it the power to require sites to close.
Cancellation of upgrading activities
All of the CCQ’s upgrading activities are suspended as of now, and until further notice. The CCQ is aware of the inconvenience that this situation might cause and will do everything in its power to minimize its impacts.
The industry’s insurance plans
For information on the situation, please read the news item here.
Practise basic hygiene measures: The best prevention
Practising good hygiene remains the best way to avoid the spread of a virus as much as possible. These measures are the following:
• Wash your hands frequently in warm running water for at least 20 seconds
• Use an alcohol-based disinfectant if you don’t have access to water and soap
• Avoid touching your face with your hands
• If you are coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your arm (the inside of your elbow)
• If you use a paper tissue, throw it out as quickly as possible and wash your hands afterward
For all general questions regarding COVID-19, visit this website: quebec.ca/coronavirus.
|KEEP AN EYE ON THE SITUATION
To follow changes in the situation and find out about the current status of our services: ccq.org/covid19
The CCQ is continuing to study other measures that may gradually be implemented and will regularly provide information as the situation evolves.
It is possible that some services will be reduced. The CCQ will ensure that essential services are maintained.