The Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program has designated a list of trades and occupations for which workers may obtain Red Seal endorsement. Find out how to obtain the Red Seal endorsement on the program’s website.
Workers who have obtained the Red Seal endorsement have their skills in this trade recognized and may apply for a competency certificate from the CCQ’s Customer Services by mail or by going to one of the regional offices. The application must include:
- The form Application for registration or modification of identification file or choice of union association, duly filled out
- The form Application for Recognition of Professional Qualifications, duly filled out
- A photocopy of an official document from among the following list
- Proof that they have passed the course Santé et sécurité générale sur les chantiers de construction (ASP Construction)
- Payment of the $100 fee required (cheque, money order, credit card, debit card, or cash)
Working outside of Québec
It is recommended that workers who possess a competency certificate from the CCQ or a Red Seal endorsement directly consult the organizations responsible in the host region.